Life is endlessly chaotic. It's one big thing after another, with a million small little things among. There are weeks where I'm dragging my ass through Monday, and yet before I know it it's already Thursday. There are many, a lot of things that we ignore every single day due to the fact we do not slow down of sufficient length to understand that we do.
It's not only stuff that we ignore, it's people. Every day, I rely on various people for support and don't reconsider the length of time and energy installed into ensuring I'm doing okay. These people may come and move from our way of life, or even be strangers who simply smile or hold a door for you personally when your hands are full. Every one of those people has impacted your life in their own individual way, yet how often have you stop to appreciate them? I am talking about really stop, not just to yell a thanks their way as you rush into work or school.
In honor of all of these wonderful people, there are some I needed to take the time to really thank.
1. The Stranger: A few days ago was insanely windy and it so happened to be the main one day I had to have a bristol board around with me when i had a presentation. Not just made it happen nearly catch the wind and break in half, however it almost sent me flying as well. A stranger walked as much as me, asked if I needed some assistance and due to him, I made it to class unscathed with my bristol board in one piece. So here is a shout out to all the strangers who do kind deeds for other people without thinking twice about. We appreciate you; I appreciate you.
2. The Calm To Your Storm: At least one time per week, I look at my calendar and think “holy shit, what was I doing for the past five days, and just how can i manage this?”. You panic, you stress, you curse, and also you contemplate just laying during sex and giving up prior to the battle even begins. Then you speak with this person. They are the calming force that drives away the storm in your mind and tells you that you got this. Let me dedicate my degree for this person, who knows where I'd be without them.
3. The Organizer: At a particular age reaching friends and family gets to be more and much more challenging. You receive so busy sometimes time goes by without you even noticing. Then the organizer swoops in, tells everyone where they need to be so when, and leaves you with only one job: showing up. These people is deserving of paid.
4. The very best Friend: With graduation coming, I am a ball of a stress. You pay attention to me complain, encourage me to take breaks, and take care of my mental health when I'm too careless to understand what it is worth. Without you, I have no idea where I'd be. Appreciate being generous and wonderful as well as for absolutely everything you do for me personally.
5. The Funny One: You will know stress I had been just talking about? Well, one thing that cures it much better than almost anything is laughter. There is nothing better than a person who can give back right into a fit of laughter that leaves you crying, lacking breath, and wondering when the last time you probably did an ab workout was.
6. The candid Friend: Sometimes all you need is that certain extremely blunt friend to tell you exactly how it is. They're not there to take care of you, they are there to help keep you in line. When I'm complaining an excessive amount of, or after i have forgotten precisely how fortunate I'm, they are there to knock me back down. I appreciate you keeping me grounded, and for being so courageously honest. Maybe you aren't seeing it as being a present, however it truly is really a gift in my experience.
7. Mother: For some, this may be a family friend or a close friend who takes on a motherly figure in their life. While for other people, like myself, it is their actual mother. These people are absolute saints. She's the best friend, the honest friend, the stranger, and every single person all rolled into one. She consoles me when I require it, is honest beside me when I need to hear it, and does unexpected kind deeds that I take entirely as a given. Thank you for being my hero. Thank you for keeping me successfully. Thank you for showing me what it way to be considered a good person.
These people are just the tip from the iceberg. If you are lucky enough to have two or three of those on this list, do not take it as a given. Every day we're affected by the type actions of these around us. After a few days, we may even forget what half of these actions were, but it's important to stop and acknowledge those who did them for us. Be sure to thank anyone who has helped you today, their presence in your lifetime isn't something to consider for granted.